Re: "lateral vein"

In a message dated 7/6/02 11:07:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, j_mallon@hotmail.com writes:

<< Well, since I'm apparently clueless on the subject, and can't find info
anywhere else, I figured I might as well ask: what's the deal with that
giant vein that is shown running laterally down the neck and across the
belly of so many illustrated dinosaurs (especially apparent in the works of
Greg Paul)?  >>

      I think what you are talking about is a wrinkle of loose skin, much like you see on many modern lizards. DV