Dinosaur crests

Hey All!
For a while now I've wondered what crests serve for in
dinosaurs and in modern animals (this is somewhat
parallel to the sail theory). Anywho, I've heard that
crests like the ones in _Dilophosaurus sp_ serve for
more than individual distinctions and that the
dinosaur itself may preserve conchea in the nasals. My
question is this: Can crests like the Dilophosaurian
ones collect heat and work with such a thing as a
conchea?
if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be
quite grateful to hear them.
thanks in advance.
fossiliferously,
-marco