Re: An Odd Question on Tyrannosaurs.....

MariusRomanus@aol.com wrote-

> Are there any indications at all..... and I mean even in the slightest bit...... that tyrannosaurs had
> unicates that were not ossified?.....

Yes, there are many indications they had unossified uncinate processes, in the form of several complete articulated specimens without them.  I'm sure tyrannosaur expert Tom Holtz could verify he's never seen one.

> Obviously the monsters had a cartilaginous sternum to start with.

But they didn't.  At least some (eg. Gorgosaurus, Tyrannosaurus bataar) had ossified sterna.

Mickey Mortimer