Re: An Odd Question on Tyrannosaurs.....

> Are there any indications at all..... and I mean even in the slightest bit...... that tyrannosaurs had
> unicates that were not ossified?.....

Yes, there are many indications they had unossified uncinate processes, in the form of several complete articulated specimens without them.  I'm sure tyrannosaur expert Tom Holtz could verify he's never seen one.

I had to read that 3 times to figure out what you meant to say there. :-) As for Mr Holtz..... yes.... that's what I am hoping.

Obviously the monsters had a cartilaginous sternum to start with.

But they didn't.  At least some (eg. Gorgosaurus, Tyrannosaurus bataar) had ossified sterna.

Mickey Mortimer

Okay dokie...... Ossified then. That's still sterna to me. So I guess what you are saying is that Mr. Paul's restorations of a rex with a sternum of some sort, which I take as being cartilaginous, is completely wrong. Okay dokie. (Unless he has updated his restoration and I missed it.)

Thanks

Kris