RE: Chilantaisaurus Segnosaur Material

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Jaime A. Headden
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 2:12 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: E: Chilantaisaurus Segnosaur Material

  Mickey sent me this citation.

  As for *Chilantaisaurus tashuikouensis*, the humerus is peculiar in that
it reminds me of a pterosaurs, and lacks a channel between distal condyli.<<

Me two. I've talked to several theropod experts about that and they say it's
a theropod and that there are other theropods with that huge
delta-pectorical crest (what ever it's called). But I haven't seen another
theropod with that. If it was a pterosaur it'd be a mighty huge one. But to
find the type in China and examine it is a problem. I'm not sure anyone
knows where it is right now.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden