Yup, back with more questions : )

Hey hi everyone, it's me again to bother you with more questions. I know I haven't been around here for quite a while, I've been a little busy. I forgot to tell you in my self-intro that I'm currently serving my 2 1/2 year National Service as a defender of my sovereign nation (sounds really patriotic, doesn't it?) and August 9 is my country's National Day. Every year, Singapore organises a really grand parade and bash for all our citizens, and needless to say, our armed forces contribute a lot, in manpower, logistics and operations. Hence, the time I spend in front of a computer is considerably reduced for the next two months, since most of the time I'm at the stadium helping out for the rehearsals. (But more on that later...)

Well, here's my questions:

1) It seems that virtually all Mesozoic marine reptiles were live-bearing, especially ichthyosaurs, elasmosaurs, pliosaurs, polycotylids and mosasaurs. How about the other marine reptiles, like placodonts and "nothosaurs". It's certain that the turtles were laying eggs, how about the seagoing crocs like Teleosaurus, Steneosaurus, Metriorhynchus, Geosaurus & Thoracosaurus (egg-laying as well, right?)

2) I've read that elasmosaur necks were not at all that flexible, and were a little just like diplodocid necks, being unable to move much vertically as well as horizontally. That would mean that those drawings of elasmosaurs with their necks curved to have them looking behind them are erroneous. How true is this? And why then did elasmosaurs evolve such long necks (sounds a lot like asking why sauropods & giraffes also evolved long necks)

3) Were there marine snakes in the Mesozoic? I know hydrophine and laticaudine elapids (ie sea snakes & sea kraits) evolved only in the Cenozoic. How about the more basal acrochordids (wart snakes, file snakes) This is a small family of 3 southeast asian & australian snakes, which are very sluggish, have very saggy & loose skin and wholly aquatic, giving birth to live young. Are there fossil acrochordids? And what about those paleophids? Are they marine snakes & did they live during the Mesozoic?

4) And whle we're at marine reptiles, what genera & species were around at the time of the Campanian & the Maastrichtian in North America?? And what about the birds, ammonites, pterosaurs & fish also? Which marine fauna are present only in the Turonian & Santonian & which are present & which was present only after that? (And which were around throughout the entire Late Cretaceous?)