R: Noasaurids (Re: Late Triassic Footprints with Reversed Hallux)

From: Jaime A. Headden <qilongia@yahoo.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>

list member Headden wrote:

>   This is true. An articulated, in position first metatarsal is not even
> present in some maniraptoran specimens, such as dromaeosaurs, leaving one
> to some speculation.

I might have misunderstood your statement but i think articulated mt I are
known for dromies...
At least IGM 100/986, a left foot belonging to Velociraptor, seems to me to
be articulated.

it's been described by Norrel & Makovicky in "Important features of the
dromaeosaurid skeleton II: information from  newly collected specimens of V.
mongoliensis" Am. Mus. Novitates n° 3282

cheers
Filippo