Re: R: Noasaurids (Re: Late Triassic Footprints with Reversed Hallux)

Filippo Calzolari (calzola@iol.it) wrote:

<I might have misunderstood your statement but i think articulated mt I
are known for dromies... At least IGM 100/986, a left foot belonging to
Velociraptor, seems to me to be articulated.>

  This was a matter of me leaving out a hyphen. In this specimen in
particular, the first metatarsal is articulated, but not "in-position";
that is, as the authors state, the metatarsal does not appear to be in
natural articulation though it is in contact with the second metatarsal.
The authors then indicate some ambiguity as to orientation of the hallux.
This was what I meant.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden