Re: Pinching arctus [and more]

----- Original Message -----
From: "jabartle" <jabartle@unity.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:15 PM

> Glad that you chose the graceful and descriptive arcto- over your other
options

BTW, the first time I read about it it was spelled acro-. The author of that
bibliography journal frequently builds his reading errors into Zentralblatt
für Geologie und Paläontologie, Teil II: Paläontologie, but anyway, it took
me IIRC several years to find out that arcto- is correct. Acro- would make
sense, because it (m, f, n: acer, acris, acre) means (among lots of other
things)"sharp, sharply tipped, pointed", basically what mt III is in an
arctometatarsal foot.

*Rahonavis* an "undisputed avian"? Only when Aves is defined on
*Archaeopteryx*. :-)

*Chuandongocoelurus* a noasaurid? Why not?
www.cmnh.org/dinoarch/2001Jun/msg00957.html

My grandma has phoned me a few hours ago about that "armored dinosaur" from
Carcassonne (again 72 Ma old and 12 m long). *Ampelosaurus atacis*?