RE: The Theropod Anchisaurus?

> From: Emma Rainforth [mailto:EmmaR@mesalands.edu]
>
> So even in 1953 he considers Anchisaurus to be theropod; can someone
> enlighten me as to when prosauropods were removed from Theropods? (Tom?!)
> Given the internal inconsistency, I suppose it is plausible that this is
> simply a mistake in his old age.

Well, Huene removed the prosauropods from Theropoda in 1932, but was not
universally followed in this.  Even in 1964 Colbert (AM Novitates 2181)
discussed various arrangements for the Triassic Saurischians.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite