RE: Lull (RE: ABOUT THE REVERSED HALLUX AND..)

> "Yes. And I would invite him to defend himself.
>
>     Congratulations on that frontier spirit.  You will be right at home
> out
> there in New Mexico.  :o)

nah, I just don't know when to back down from a fight ! That'll get me
killed down here!

> "DO NOT TRUST A SINGLE DRAWING BY LULL!!! EVER

Sorry Ray, I still stand by that statement as general advice.

While I later said 'in some cases they are okay' (or words to that effect) -
without exploring the chaos that is the Hitchcocks and Lull;s legacy, you
(the casual reader of Lull 53) don't know WHICH are 'okay' (in Emma's
opinion). So, if you don't KNOW which are okay (and I mean 'okay' in the
sense of 'acceptable' rather than 'superb'), it is best, as a general rule
of pollex, to not trust any - at least until such time as you have examined
the specimens in person.

Actually, I would also say that (examining specimens) of ANY published line
drawings of footprints (as they are 2D representations of a 3D object).
Photos  convey some sense of the 3D nature of an ichnite; stereo-pairs &
Moire figs are better.

'Emma the Excitable'