Re: Spines (Re: Texas dinos)

Quoting Mickey Mortimer <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com>:

> Josh Smith wrote-
>
> > This individual was also very likely a
> > subadult its true, but an adult _S. aegyptiacus_ was very
> > likely very similar in size to an "average" sized individual of
> > _Carcharodontosaurus_.
>
> But if the subadult holotype of Spinosaurus was about 17 meters
> long (12-19 tons), how can the adult be similar in size to
> Carcharodontosaurus (~13 m, 5.5 tons)?
>
> Mickey Mortimer

I was just putting very large error bars around each of these estimates
and presuming that neither set of numbers was particularly accurate.

----
Josh Smith
Department of Anthropology
Harvard University
18 Traymore Street
Cambridge, MA 02140
Office: 617.495.1966
Director, Bahariya Dinosaur Project http://egyptdinos.org

After 1 August:
Josh Smith
Assistant Professor of Geology
Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences
Washington University
Campus Box 1169
1 Brookings Drive
108 Wilson Hall