Re: feathered ornithopods?

ville sinkkonen wrote:

> there is feathered theropod but I have seen some dinosaur art and some
> pictures there are fully feathered ornithopods like dryosaurus.
> Why???

Some small ornithopods (like Leaellynasaura) that lived in polar
environments have been shown with an insulatory covering, since it is
hard to imagine how such small animals could have survived in freezing
conditions (and it appears they were able to). I'm fairly sure that no
ornithopods are known with actual integumentary structures preserved
(although who knows exactly what animals the Koonwarra feathers, deep in
polar hypsilophodontid territory, came from?)