RE: Psittacosaurus bristle article in Naturwissenschaften online

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Steve Brusatte
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 6:34 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Psittacosaurus bristle article in Naturwissenschaften online

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:30:05
 bh480 wrote:

Yeah, the link doesn't work for me either, since I'm not a subscriber.  But,
nonetheless, it's nice to see this paper published.  I'm curious: is the
psittacosaurid referred to as _Psittacosaurus_ sp., or has it been assigned
to a species?

And, is it discussed how these filaments might parallel the series of
ossified tendons seen in the tail?  I'm certainly not suggesting that they
are ossified tendons, but I find it interesting that in some
_Psittacosaurus_ species said tendons only extend along the proximal half of
the tail.  Likely coincidence, but perhaps there is a functional correlate??

Steve<<

How many described Psittacosaurus specimens have the ossified tendons? I
don't recall seeing any 'Liaoning' specimens with them. Sure small patches
of skin impressions, but not the tendons. Glad to see the paper is finally
out though.

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074