Critique and review needed for artwork, please...

A very special thanks goes out to Mike Skrepnick and Mark Hallett for their
valuable time and insight during the creation and revision of this piece.
Learning from these veteran artists is an honor and a privilege.

Initially, the _T.rex_ was lipless; Mark and Mike managed to convince me to
find a middle ground somehow between the lipless look and a lipped look. In
addition there were problems with the size, shape, and number of teeth which
I tried to address.

There was quite a difference in how I initially rendered the lacrimal and
post orbital regions compared to the latest version. The ornamentation I had
chosen to depict originally was much more 'bladelike' in appearance; I've
effectively eliminated much of the lacrimal boss and tried to make the post
orbitals reflect the shapes present on the skulls a bit better. I initially
had the nasal ornamentation beginning too far forward and far bumpier than
the current version.

I have placed the nares more forward than I had originally indicated as
well.

I tried to render the nuchal crest more prominently than was in the
original.

Originally I had rendered dorsal spines on the neck; I decided to change
that to more conservative scutes.

Mike commented that the entire head looked too short, too compressed. I had
tried to render an oblique view of the animal and as usual it came back to
bite me on the rear. I tried in the latest version to extend the length of
the head a bit to alleviate some of the compressed look.

In the image shown at the following URL, the topmost image is the more
'compressed' looking version, the bottom version is the 'extended' version.

Please feel free to offer any critiques of the piece and suggestions
regarding areas that need to be improved...

Thanks!

http://paleozone.homestead.com/files/trexlip6copy.jpg

-Chris Srnka