Re: Documentaries & Sabertooths

In a message dated 7/19/02 2:37:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dino_rampage@hotmail.com writes:

<< And while we're still at sabertooths (besides dinosaurs, mosasaurs &
pterosaurs, nothing mkaes me more excited than sabertooths), what species
were still around when Homo sapiens first appeared? I can only think of
Smilodon fatalis, S. populator, Megantereon & Homotherium. Anything else and
does anyone ahve a complete list of sabertooth species, their body form
(dirk-toothed? scimitar-toothed?) and the age & distribution. Thanks >>

       If you don't already have a copy, go here and order _The Big Cats and
Their Fossil Relatives_by Alan Turner and Mauricio Anton:

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=5012004&domain_id=1856&meta_id=1