Personal attacks on paleontologists

Those who are discussing Drs. Feduccia and Martin in personal terms are
strongly urged to read Section 8f - Ad Hominem at the Administrivia tab of
our web page.  We have been down this paleo road many times before.  See:

       8f) Ad Hominem   The phrase "Ad Hominem" is frequently used
       incorrectly in terms of its historical definition. People often think
       the phrase refers to insults, but it is actually more general in the
       context of a logical argument. Technically an Ad Hominem argument
       is one that addresses characteristics (or supposed characteristics)
       of a person presenting an argument rather than the presented
       argument itself. People addressing the personalities of others
       may be subject to a one week timeout whether the attacked person
       is on the list or not. Check the archives for just about any
discussion
       of Robert Bakker or Alan Feduccia and you'll find offenses of this
       policy. As with flaming, a second such offense may get you removed
       from the list permanently.

You have been warned.

Mary Kirkaldy
Dinosaur Mailing List Co-owner