Overlooked 2002 paper

Masakado Kawata, 2002. Invasion of vacant niches and subsequent sympatric speciation. Proc. Royal Soc. London B269:55-63. I began reading and annotating this while doing the same with Gregory Paul's brilliant Dinosaurs of the air (the most important publication on the subject since John Ostrom's 1973-1978 papers)...the latter feeding my mind as I was absorbing the former. Ecomorphologies are pivotal to grasping the importance of theropod radiation as "birds". They just did not sit on trees, chirp, and stare vacantly at the horizon. No, one realizes quickly their often environmentally stressed paradigms were a staggeringly complex interrelationality.