RE: Dino Birds UK

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 HPB1956@aol.com wrote:
> Luis Rey wrote on 07/17/2002:
>
> > It was a very special, emotional moment for me to be near (for the first
> time)
> > to the little holotype Sinosauropteryx specimen.
>
> I know this feeling too. In February of this year I saw little
> Sinosauropteryx at the Fuhlrot-Museum in Wuppertal/Germany. A moment to
> remember.
>
> A question: is photographing allowed? I'm thinking about visiting London and
> this exhibition. And there's one thing I learned at the Fuhlrot-Museum with
> it's surely smaller exhibition of fossils of the Jehol Biota: make
> photographs because there's too much to see to remember everything afterwards.

Would taking photos be allowed?

Well, with this little gizmo, you can be a paleontological James Bond:

 http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/cybershake011015.html

 Remember how cool cartoon detective Dick Tracy was with his two-way
 wrist phone? Cell phone companies may not have anything like it very
 soon. But consumer electronics maker Casio has something almost as neat:
 a watch that doubles as a color digital camera.

 Gary Schultz, a director of marketing with Casio's Mobile Information
 Products group, says the wristwatch has a little sensor that can capture
 images of objects about 6 to 10 feet away. The image appears on the watch
 face as a black and white picture, but the images can be seen in full
 color on a PC.

 And Schultz says that getting it onto a computer isn't difficult. "You
 plug a little device into the side of the watch, and you plug that into
 your PC and it automatically syncs," he says.
 The $230 wrist camera holds up to 80 images. In addition to keeping time,
 the watch will also store names, addresses and other personal data.