Re: Shenzhouraptor sinensis

--- Mickey Mortimer <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com>
wrote:
> name incorrectly), as Yandangornis also has no
> teeth, over twenty caudals
> and an unreversed hallux.  The manus looks fairly
> derived, though it's hard
> to see in such a small photo.

Regarding the manus, I may have seen the fusion wrong
in that little picture, but it reminded me of
Longipteryx. If this is indeed related to Yandangornis
then it may finally clarify the phylogenetic position
of these theropods. I just thought this may after all
be the specimen that supports the Paulian hypothesis.
regards,
-EA

=====