Re: More on Parasaurolophus

From: "Aspidel" Reply-To: aspidel@wanadoo.be To: Subject: Re: More on Parasaurolophus Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:57:07 +0200

From: "Nicholas Gardner"

> What horizon/formation did Parasaurolophus hail from? > What type of dinosaurs (including avians) are known from there?

Judith River Group.
Parasaurolophus is also known from the De-na-zin member of the lower Kirtland of NM c 73 Ma.
You'll find more informations here:
http://personal2.stthomas.edu/jstweet/fauna.htm Alas this page doesn't include avians.

> Does anyone think it was possible that hypsilophodontids hunted bugs near > colonies of hadrosaurs like in "The Presence of Dinosaurs"?

There're 2 possibilities IMHO: either _Parasaurolophus_ accept _Orodromeus_ in the herd, or there's a more aggressive leader in the herd which drives _Orodromeus_ out. Personnally I prefer the first one. Imagining the behaviour of dinosaurs is always speculation, but isn't it what paleoartists like to do?

Friendly - Aspidel.