Re: More on Parasaurolophus

From: "Nicholas Gardner" <n_gardner637@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: More on Parasaurolophus
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:26:49 -0400

Thanks for the help so far and thanks to AM for the skeletal reconstruction...I now have a few questions on Parasaurolophus...

What horizon/formation did Parasaurolophus hail from?

P. walkeri: Dinosaur Park Fm (Alberta), Hell Creek Fm(?) (Montana). P. tubicen: Kirtland Fm (New Mexico). P. cyrtoccristatus: Fruitland Fm (New Mexico.

What type of dinosaurs (including avians) are known from there?

Late Cretaceous (Dinosaur Park Fm, Hell Creek Fm(?), Fruitland Fm, Kirtland Fm fauna). I don't know for avians.

Does anyone think it was possible that hypsilophodontids hunted bugs near colonies of hadrosaurs like in "The Presence of Dinosaurs"?

I belive so, why not stealing vegitation from the youngsters in the nest?

Steven Coombs *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Steven's Dinosaurs: http://stevensdinosaurs1.tripod.com