Re: List weirdness on bounce messages

From: Jeff Hecht <jeff@jeffhecht.com>
Subject: List weirdness on bounce messages
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:57:15 -0400

It looks like the dinolist is suffering the same problem the Vertebrate Paleo mailing list did when it decided to block attachments -- the blockage is inconsistent. I received Mickey Mortimer's messages in full form, with no sign of HTML or anything. Nick Gardner did not.

I suspect the difference may have to do with some mysterious combination of servers or e-mail software on the two ends. I don't know how to fix it, but I did want to alert people to the problem.

(Has anyone checked the archive to see if the full messages are getting through there? Mickey's is worth checking for its details on Jeholornis).
-- Jeff Hecht

They aren't. A friend of mine is a regular reader of the DML archives. He says there are truncated messages everywhere. Incidentally, I can't remember from the original post. This filter situation is only temporary, right?

=-=-=-=-=-= Nick Gardner AIM - CloudRaptor05 MSN - n_gardner637@hotmail.com