RE: Microraptor contemporaries?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Michael Lovejoy
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:49 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Microraptor contemporaries?

Does anyone know what dinos, birds, mammals, fish etc. have been found in
the same horizon and locality as Microraptor?
Also, what kind of environment was it?

regards,
Michael Lovejoy
The horizon has bee answered by Mickey M., but the locality is..
Locality: Xiasanjiazi, Chaoyang County, western Liaoning Provicne, China.

Horizon: Jiufotang Formation.

Biostratigraphy:

Age: Early Cretaceous.

And I haven't found anything else from that locality. I'm sure there are
other animals from that site. Just because animals are from the area doesn't
mean (but could) that all the animals lived in different areas lived
together.

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074