Re:Cenomanian STEGOSAURS

From: darren.naish@port.ac.uk
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: MALAWI STEGOSAURS
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:03:36 +0100

Fred Bervoets wrote...

> The Malawi (stegosaurian) material mentioned by Jacobs
> in one of his books wasn't stegosaurian, I have asked him
> personally after reeding it.

Yeah, Jacobs et al said in one of their papers that the
material was actually sauropod.

Incidentally, Cretaceous African stegosaur material (besides
_Paranthodon_) was reported from the ?Cenomanian of
Morocco by Dale Russell (1996).

How definite is the identification? Could it be nodosaurid? Or reworked? Previous claims of late surviving stegosaurs e.g. Dravidosaurus, have not held up.

-- Darren Naish School of Earth & Environmental Sciences University of Portsmouth UK, PO1 3QL

email: darren.naish@port.ac.uk
tel: 023 92846045