Re: Erliansaurus bellamanus

>> A partial skelton is described from the Upper Cretaceous Iren
>> Dabasu Fromation of Nei Mongol that represents a new therizinosauroid
>> theropod, Erliansaurus bellamanus gen. et sp. nov.
>> Distinctive characteristics of the new species include
>> enlarged nutritional foramen on anterior caudals,

I just noticed the words 'nutritional foramen'... As most of you probably
know, these are almost ubiquitous in plesiosaur vertebrae, but I had always
assumed that only plesiosaurs had them.  Oops.  So pardon my ignorance, but
what dinosaurs / other reptiles had them?  And has anyone worked out what
they did?

Cheers

Colin McHenry
56 Gaskill St