Re: Triceratops forelimb

In a message dated 7/30/02 1:37:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DinoBoyGraphics@aol.com writes:

<< I'm not kidding.  I'm unsure whether your reaction to the decade estimate
was
due to presumed optimism or pessimism.  I think a decade is optimistic at
best.  This debate has been going on for a century, I don't expect people to
switch sides that easily.  And yes, it will have to be done with more
specimens.  I know it was expensive and time consuming, but digital scanning
is becoming far more economical.  I feel Ray Wilhite and Matt Bonnan are both
making strides with making the process more cost effective. >>

       This is what was done at the Smithsonian. The Triceratops skeleton was
scanned and digitized. An entire team of people worked on the project. I'm
always interested in what Matt has to say, though. DV