Re: Richardoestesia vs. Ricardoestesia (again)

<Er... in case anyone wants to read my opinion on this...>

  If you have a more in-depth reasoning, I would like to read it. However,

<IMHO it's obvious that the h is "an inadvertent error, such as a [...]
copyist's or printer's error", namely an editor's or lector's error. And
so away with the h, and HP Dinogeorge's First Revision is de jure not a
First Revision because there are not 2 potentially correct spellings in
the original paper, and there was much rejoicing. Where is the problem
with that?>

  This is not actually true, an inadverdent printer's error might be
indicated best by every other name spelled wrong, or one name spelled
differently, with the one name being the "wrong" name. In this case, the
name that George reports Sloan said was the proper name was the odd-man
out. This does not permit the "printer's error" to be a strong argument.
Maybe so, but spell-checkers even at that time were not incapable of
figuring out the difference between "Richar-" and "Ricar-" ... the machine
must have been given an instruction to record "Richar-" ... human error
doesn't work, I think....

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden