Re: Richardoestesia vs. Ricardoestesia (again)

<Sometimes things are simple and don't require in-depth reasoning. :-)>

  And in some cases, the issue is as convoluted or full of inconsistencies
and requires a full, dated explanation. I am currently writing up a
publication on the Archaeoraptor issue, simply because this name is now
quite firmly entrenched in much of the public and professional minds. How
the issue was ever gotten to the level it did was a matter of mistake
built on misunderstanding built on error, and trickery, and theft. Persons
responsible are not fully responsible, even for their own parts to play.

<Now we're splitting words... taxonomy has got far. OK, the lector
deliberately, not inadvertently, gave the instruction to replace "Ricar-"
with "Richar-", but he inadvertently forgot to ask the authors if it was
really their intent not put an h in there, respectively he (er, or she)
inadvertently didn't get the idea that the h-less version could be
intended and correct. Is that fine? :-)>

  You assume the editor and proofer had any action in this, and that this
was not produced from the original manuscript, becuase someone said they
wanted a different spelling and didn't, purpotedly, know how this
happened. Personal communication does not them permit us to know how the
error occured, and this leaves us with only the presented facts. Neither
Currie, Rigby, or Sloan publish an _erratum_ on the issue, apparently
either unaware of it for any time (until George communicated to Stephen)
or accepting the issue. That Currie in various papers has used the
spelling with "h" indicates that he has accepted the issue and even with
George as first revisor. No other data are known or published which might
permit us to review the process for discussion, and systematic use of the
name in scientific papers would now seem to disfavor use of any other
version of the name.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden