RE: Another 65,000,000 yr old crater found in North Sea? A question for you!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
dinotracker
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 7:47 PM
To: dinodivr@bellsouth.net; DML
Subject: Re: Another 65,000,000 yr old crater found in North Sea? A question
for you!

    Ray McCallister asked, "...should not this event have left major
evidence of a great tsunami that would surely have washed over NW Europe?"

    Indeed, if the target was in the sea.

    McCallister further said, "Such evidence has been reported for Chixulub
in the southern US if I am not mistaken!"

    Yes, such evidence is NOW well documented, but remember, no one
recognized such evidence for what it was until the Yucatan area impact was
known.

    So now that the North Sea impact crater is known, I'd bet that a lot of
areas of brecciation and even maybe substantial areas of geological
discontinuity may now become understood as effects of a related tsunami
wave.>>

    Ray Stanford

Hey, I wonder if such a thing could explain the 'drop' stones in Australia
during the Early Cretaceous! Ok, I'm grasping at straws...:)

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074