Re: Many, many thoughts & responses re: the Hutchinson-Garcia paper

Philidor11 (philidor11@snet.net) wrote:

<...have the potential prey animals for T. rex been checked with the same
sort of models?  If it turns out they could escape consistently, that
might have implications.>

  I do not wish to speak for John, but it is my understanding that while
the physics apply to both fore- and hindlimbs, the anatomy and comparisons
involved between the two are different enough to result in separate values
and results given analysis. For this reason, fore- and hindlimb analysis
in quadrupeds would require a second, and possibly a third, model to
register possible range of speed.

=====
Jaime A. Headden