Re: [Fwd: When The Asteroid Hit, Most Plant-Eating Bugs Died]

Should have mentioned that much earlier: Prof. Horst Aspöck of NHMW and
university thinks that raphidian neuropteran insects suffered heavily from
the impact: In the Mesozoic there were raphidians in tropical climates
around the world, today they are limited to the northern hemisphere and
temperate climates, and all need a period of frost in their development.
This implies that only those whose eggs (?) were able to survive frost
survived the K-T. If I've correctly understood the whole idea (I was told
about it second-hand).