Mr. Tracy L. Ford

Hi I've never posted here before but have been lurking
for years. This is off-topic but highly relevant if
you want to know what kind of person you are posting
with in the form of Mr. Tracy L. Ford.

I noticed that Mr. Ford had posted somebody's private
email even though it was specifically indicated in
this email that the writer was sending it privately
because he felt its tone was inappropriate for the
list. Anyone who has been on the net from the
beginning knows the conventions (what Mr. Ford did is
a BIG no-no), and also knows that it is the tradition
to "self-police" ... i.e. one netizen informs the
other of the infraction, hopefully avoiding personal
insults in the process. This is what I did, not only
because this has been a netizen's duty since The
Beginning, but because I felt a certain amount of
sympathy for Kris -- a relatively new poster, whose
image on this list may now be shaped by this
unintended post. Mr. Ford's reply to me was rather
impolite, and when I sent a response saying so, he
began to get abusive. Admittedly, in the ensuing
exchange, I did some posturing of my own, but I only
engaged in this once I realised how hostile this
person is, and I wanted to force his hand.

I am now posting our entire correspondence, because I
dared him to give me permission to post it and he
agreed. I am doing this specifically to publicly
embarrass Mr. Ford, in the hopes that this may serve
as a disincentive for him (or anyone else) to
privately abuse anyone via email, or to indulge his
obvious penchant for bad behaviour when he thinks no
one else is going to hear about it. So here it is --
this is a complete and accurate record of our
correspondence in its entirety, except for Mr. Ford's
use of profanity, which I have attempted to disguise
from any automatic censors by inserting a tilde (^).