Re: Re[1] Acrocanthosaurus atokensis locomotion

From: dexter dexter <dexter1647@caramail.com>

Thanks! It's still unclear which speeds they indicate. I've
heard those trackways indicate a speed of 22-26 mph but I'm
not sure. Does anyone have any other info on those trackways
? For insistance, the estimated speed, and the estimated hip
height & weight of this _Acrocanthosaurus_ specimen ?

Well, hip height can usually be estimated from individual tracks, although I'm not overly sure mass can be estimated accurately.
I'll have to photocopy that paper tomorrow...

Jordan Mallon