Re[1] Acrocanthosaurus atokensis locomotion

<< De : "Jordan Mallon" <j_mallon@hotmail.com>
<< Date : 04/03/2002 23:39:54

<< Mallon wrote:Weren't the Texas trackways in Farlow's 1981
analysis attributable to Acrocanthosaurus_?
The ref:Farlow, J. O. 1981. Estimates of dinosaur speeds
from a new trackway site in Texas. Nature 294: 747-748.>>

<< Correction: I double checked this today, and as it turns
out, Farlow makes no mention as to what might have made
those tracks. Speed estimates in this paper range from 1.8 -
12.1 m/s, using Alexander's old equation. Just clearing up
any confusion.>>

Does he state that the 12.1 m/sec-1 estimates where made by
a large theropod or such ?

By << 1.8 - 12.1 m/s >> do you mean for the same trackway or
for several trackways ?

Or perhaps it has been clearified later, but as someone else
stated, are the 12.1 m/s speed estimates for _A.atokensis_
or for some (from what I've heard) small theropod ?

Thomas Miller

Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com