Re: Sauropods vs. Gravity - Mr. Holtz

On 5 Mar 2002, Paul Cambridge wrote:

> Mr. Holtz, when you replied to my comments with phrases like "There is
> no "use" for species.", or the the point of evolution is "Nothing; or
> simple survival.", makes me wonder if you are a cynic on evolution in
> general.

As a cautionary note, I suggest that people interested in who they are
talking to take some time to find out.  Mr. Cambridge, you should take a
look at Dr. Holtz's web page:

Note the courses he teaches and particularly follow the link to his field
course on the Galapagos Islands.  Little need to guess at what Dr. Holtz
knows about evolution.  You might want to try to learn a little bit more
before attempting to tell him he doesn't know enough.

And as an even more cautionary note, Mr. Cambridge, given what you
appear to think you know about evolution it looks like you are trying to
introduce the most recent flavor of Creationism.  Before proceeding down
that path, I strongly urge you to familiarize yourself with dinosaur list
policy: