RE: Allosauroid _Abelisaurus_???

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Jean-michel BENOIT wrote:

> T. Mike Keesey wrote :
> So only _Abelisaurus_ would be removed from _Ceratosauria_? Seems awfully
> shaky to have all those clade names (_Abelisauria_, _Abelisauroidea_,
> _Abelisauridae_) based on it, then....
>
> It didn't strike me before, but there was a recent thread on that subject
> (Stupid Question IIRC). Was does the ICZN recommend about that?

The ICZN does not cover ranks above family, so it only applies to
Familia Abelisauridae, and all it says about that is that it must contain
_Abelisaurus conahuensis_.

When PhyloCode is implemented there will be rules covering the other
names.

--

BTW, you have GOT to do something your e-mail formatting. I see it like
this:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1036{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fcharset0
Courier New;}{\f1\froman\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs24 T. Mike Keesey wrote :\par
\pard\sb100\sa100\f1 So only _Abelisaurus_ would be removed from
_Ceratosauria_? Seems awfully shaky to have all those clade names
(_Abelisauria_, _Abelisauroidea_, _Abelisauridae_) based on it, then....
\par
\pard\f0\par
It didn't strike me before, but there was a recent thread on that subject
(Stupid Question IIRC). Was does the ICZN recommend about that?\par
Cheers,\par
Jean-Michel\par
\par
}

I dunno if that holds for others or not. I'd recommend seeing if there's a
Plain Text option.
T. MICHAEL KEESEY
  BloodySteak             <http://www.bloodysteak.com>
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>