harmony in nature...what I meant

"David Marjanovic" wrote:

 > "No, I can't. Please explain. :-) What do you mean by harmony in nature?
 > What exactly do you mean by ecological niches?"

What I mean by "harmony in nature" is basically the way things go. Not that
there is a certain "plan", but rather the way things go are the way they go,
and I think eco niches exist because of the animals which are there. A wolf in
Yellowstone serves a very important niche to keep down deer populations. We
know that specifically because when we took the wolf out, the deer
overpopulated. That is what I mean by harmony. The wolf is "needed" to fill the
niche. I'm not saying "GOD" put it there, I'm saying that, if you take out a
valuable element to an ecosystem, you will obviously have consequences. That is
why animals are needed. That is why they are important. Isn't that what
evolution is about? Given time, I am sure another predator would fill the boots
of the wolf, but not without the system experiencing problems. That is what I
am saying. It really isn't that difficult to fathom.

Paul