Re: Very strange comments

From: Tom Pearce <tpearce@cix.co.uk>
To: no go <honkietong@hotmail.com>
CC: tpearce@cix.co.uk
Subject: Re: Very strange comments
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:08:45 +0000

I'd be interested in reading his comments first before making any
judgement, but many of Mr Horner's recent comments on the subject,
especially in relation to *that* film (and new "villain") seem
to have been less concerned with hard evidence & more driven by
his own prejudices. I greatly respect his work, and even his contention
that T. rex may have been a scavenger, but a lot of recent comments
make me wonder about his objectivity in this area.

The comment can be found here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13869-2002Feb27.html

The part in question is: >>"The new research was also greeted enthusiastically by Jack Horner, curator of paleontology at the Museum of the Rockies, in Bozeman, Mont., and developer of the theory that T. rex was a scavenger rather than a predator.

"They're definitely not running animals," Horner said. "Ostriches have long shins and short thighs, but T. rex's thigh and shin are about the same length, like ours. About the only animal we can outrun that's our own size is a big sloth or a big Galapagos turtle."<<