RE: Modern feathers on a non-avian dinosaur - today's Nature

Perhaps they left off "...in the Yixian."  That might arguably be a fair
statement of the taxonomy of Yixian theropods: _Sinornithosaurus_ (probably
including "Dave"), _Microraptor_, this new guy.

> Also, they mention _Archeoraptor_ and say "Authenticity was called into
> question and critics claimed that only one side of the slab had been
> studied. Critics also said that pieces of the fossil could have
> been cobbled
> together and that the specimen included more than one animal. "
>
> This seems to me to be slightly one-sided, and lacking
> information (i.e. the
> fact that nearly ALL paleontologists that have studied the specimen agree
> that it is 2 separate animals [I think I remember 1 holdout]).

I agree; Jeff Hecht's article (among others) were considerably better.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite