Re: Archaeopteryx running & CNN report on the feathered dino

In a message dated 3/8/02 12:10:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jrccea@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Of course not.  My thumbs are singularly well adapted for holding
ball-point pens.  I doubt that that was their original function, but I've
exapted them to that use. >>

No, surely we have constructed ballpoint pens so that our thumbs and fingers
can hold them conveniently. This is not an exaptation of thumbs/fingers.
Exaptation is not something an organism does, it is something that happens
during evolution.