Re: The race of the cripples (humour)

Yes the Albertosaurus have better F/T ratio (at least for running). Longer
metasarsals would allow the Albertosaurus to have a longer stride. A cheetah
is more adapted for speed (flexible spine) like the Albertosaurus is when
compared to an Allosaurus. You are saying as if longer legs is all
Albertosaurus got for advantages.

Albertosaurus has:
1. Longer legs,
2. Better F/T ratio
3. If they were the same size the Albertosaurus would still have stronger legs
4. Special Ankle developement for absorbing shock
5. Smaller, more energy efficient feet (if they were the same size that is)
6. Big cnemial crests for better, more powerful lower leg movement.

What does Allosaurus have? Size? Being smaller would only make it's stride
shorter and it would still be left in the dust.

I bet for the Albertosaurus all the way.

You forgot another thing going for Allosaurus:

Though I support the idea of Albertosaurus outrunning Allosaurus, there is one thing going for Allosaurus. If they were ever made to race each other, Allosaurus, on seeing a larger and meaner carnivore, will be more motivated to beat feet.

Though Jack Horner seems pretty sure he could "outwalk" the two "scavengers" (or any large theropod for that matter), I wonder given the animals were alive, would he put his money where his mouth is? Admittedly geting eaten is quite a great hinderance to your prospective paleontological conquests...:-)