Re: CNN report on the feathered dino

On the topic of birds retracting legs ...

  There are lots of birds that don't retract their legs in flight ... this
includes falconiforms and nearly all long-legged birds and pelagic &
shorebirds (cranes, storks, even vultures, pelecaniforms, ducks, etc....).
The legs are typically held out rearward, and straight.

=====
Jaime A. Headden