Re: Ouranosaurus (but we saw a spinosaur?)

No pronunciation help, but in "Dinosaur Impressions," Philippe Taquet, as translated by Kevin Padian, writes:

      Accordingly, I had decided to name the new species _Ouranosaurus
      nigeriensis_.  The first term was taken from the Arab word _ourane_,
      which signifies "valiant, courageous, bold."  This name was given by
      the Tuaregs of Niger to the sand monitor lizard.
This is also explained, in more detail, at http://www.dinosauria.com/dml/dmlf.htm (Elrahz is a typo for Elrhaz) -- with an audio file for Americans :-) . The Tuareg are already plural, singular is Targi, and they don't speak Arabic.