R: Ouranosaurus (but we saw a spinosaur?)

I think you're referring to the "u" which was actually written as  a "v",
but was still a "u" ; "v" and "u" ,albeit being written the same way, were
pronounced differently. This way of writing the letter u is still found in
official documents ,at least here in Italy.

cheers

Filippo Calzolari