From: "Simon, Robert (BobSimon)" <BobSimon@chevrontexaco.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: Would like some opinions about a couple of books
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:33:41 -0600

The relevance of quoted professionals in this book or lack thereof is
actually not an issue. The book shows the stages and time progression of the
'Sue situation' from discovery to trial. I find it very interesting persons
are 'disturbed' that the professionals were unable or did not wish to be
quoted. What would the quotes have gained? Nothing. The book shows how the
courts were used and misused. There were gross errors on both sides. In the
end, it shows that the government spent our tax dollars for nothing (no
convictions relative to Sue); bad publicity for both private collectors and
the academians; and the only one to profit was the rancher.

Bob Simon