Re: Would like some opinions about a couple of books

In a message dated 3/11/02 12:49:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, BobSimon@chevrontexaco.com writes:

<< The relevance of quoted professionals in this book or lack thereof is
actually not an issue. The book shows the stages and time progression of the
'Sue situation' from discovery to trial. I find it very interesting persons
are 'disturbed' that the professionals were unable or did not wish to be
quoted. What would the quotes have gained? Nothing. >>

      OK, I'll bite. If those people were not quoted nor even mentioned, how would YOU know "nothing" would have been gained? Pray tell.

<< The book shows how the courts were used and misused. There were gross errors on both sides. In the end, it shows that the government spent our tax dollars for nothing (no convictions relative to Sue); bad publicity for both private collectors and the academians; and the only one to profit was the rancher. >>

      And how was it bad publicity for those dreaded "academians"? And that should read, "commercial collector", by the way. DV