Fwd: Possible reprint of Dawn of the Age of Dinosaurs in the American Southwest

Forwarded to the DML via Jerry Harris:

-----Original Message-----

From: Heckert, Andy
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 4:00 PM
To: Vrtpaleo (E-mail)
Subject: Possible reprint of Dawn of the Age of Dinosaurs in the American
Southwest

To any and all interested parties, particularly Triassic workers:

Presently we at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science are
pondering the possibility of re-printing "Dawn of the Age of Dinosaurs in the
American Southwest" (Lucas, S.G., and Hunt, A.P., eds). This volume, which is
414+ pages including 9 plates, includes 22 contributions by various authors. It
has been out of print for about 8 years but is essential to anyone working on
the Chinle in particular or Late Triassic tetrapods in general. We promise
better quality illustrations of the plates and a more permanent binding this
time around. However, we need
to be assured that there is enough interest from the VP community to justify
the initial cost. Accordingly, if you would consider buying the volume were it
reprinted, please e-amil me _offlist_ (note address below). I
expect that the volume would be approximately $20-$25 U.S. There is no original
"soft copy" so we will not be posting it on the web anytime soon.

Thanks, and my apologies for cross-postings.

Andy

Andrew B. Heckert, Ph.D.
AHeckert@nmmnh.state.nm.us
Geosciences Collections Manager
New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
1801 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
U.S.A.

Phone: 505-841-2842
FAX: 505-841-2808

"You set your sights high and enjoy striving for the impossible"
---my favorite fortune cookie