Re: Into the Mouths of Tyrannosaurs...

From the position I normally see T. rexes arms in it doesn't seem they would have to move their wrists at all.

Sheesh, I've posted more today than I have in months.
----- Original Message -----
From: Aspidel
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: Into the Mouths of Tyrannosaurs...

From: SCHMIDT

I had an idea a long time ago for a purpose for Tyranosaur arms.  Its completely unprovable of course but I wonder what others would think of it.  The arms of Tyranosaurs are small but very powerful.  Perhaps like the antlers of deer they were used to judge the strength of the opposing Tyranosaur in a non violent way.  They would stand side by side facing each other, lock their two fingered hooks, and press against each other till it was apparent who was stronger.

Did the anatomy of their wrists permit this?
Friendly - Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY.