Re: (Now cats vs. raptors)

From: "no go" <honkietong@hotmail.com>

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, SCHMIDT wrote:

> THe real Velociraptor was a beautiful and powerful animal as
> long and twice as deadly as a leopard.

Actually, it was only about 37% as deadly.

I do agree, a leopard will utterly annihilate a Velociraptor. Raptors are like birds. Felines kill birds. I've a bad feeling the >dinosaurian raptors will experience a bad trashing at the paw of an >equivalent sized feline.

Hmmm... I think you may have missed HP Keesey's sarcasm, there. I think, by his "37%" comment, he was trying to say that there is basically no point of debating such superfluous "animal vs. dinosaur" scenarios as THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING! Same goes for racing dinosaurs, plotting them against one another, and examining what colour their mouths were (as interesting as the idea might be)...
Just had to get that off my chest. :\

Jordan Mallon